The purpose of this role is to sell and merchandise product within designated accounts. This includes stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain merchandising standards while rotating products each time in designated accounts.
- Maximize profitable sales opportunities by thoroughly understanding the customer’s business and building relationships based on trust and integrity with that customer’s management team.
- Successfully sell promotional plans that align with and support the customer’s and LinPepCo’s business objectives and strategies.
- Ability to collaboratively sell and overcome customer objections for display and incremental opportunities.
- Sell-in and implement promotional strategies for the introduction of new brands and packages.
- Manage the Merchandisers including hiring, development, training, schedule, performance management and termination.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly order activity and performance measurements against assigned goals and expectations.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members (e.g., delivery, merchandising) that help align ourselves better with the customer.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation to and from accounts
- Knowledge of general merchandising
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Basic knowledge of computers and tablets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Observe and follow all safety procedures
- Skills in problem solving and judgement and decision making
- Ability to provide attention to detail
- Ability to perform miscellaneous job functions in a scheduled timeframe
- Must be flexible and adaptable to support the team to obtain Company goals
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holiday hours
Work Environment and Equipment
Work generally takes place in store setting. Individuals must be able to operate a tablet or PC, as well as a two-wheel dolly and pallet jack.
The physical requirements for this job are characterized in the following table showing how often each activity is performed.
|0% – 25%
|26% – 50%
|51% – 75%
|76% – 100%
|Carrying ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Lifting ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pulling ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pushing ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the job. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.