Pepsi Delivery Route Relief Driver Job Summary
The purpose of the Delivery Route Relief Driver role is to function in a relief role to the Delivery Customer Representatives and Territory Sales Managers by ordering, delivering, stocking, rotating and merchandising products.
Pepsi Delivery Route Relief Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Function in a relief role for the Delivery Customer Representatives to support vacations and illnesses.
- Function in a relief role to the Territory Sales Manager by ordering product for delivery to customer accounts
- Drive truck to deliver product to customer account
- Prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of product
- Reconcile route each day and turn in all required DSD reports
- Stack product according to customer specifications
- Collect empty pallets and shells from customer backroom
- Stock, rotate, and merchandise product as needed
- Develop and maintain good customer relations
- Maintain vehicle to company standards including cleanliness
- Complete pre- and post-trip inspections
- Perform other duties as necessary
Pepsi Delivery Route Relief Driver Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid “Class A” commercial driver’s license
- Knowledge of inventory management and general merchandising
- Basic knowledge of tablets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skills in problem solving and judgement and decision making
- Observe and follow all safety procedures
- Familiar with DOT regulations
Pepsi Delivery Route Relief Driver Work Environment and Equipment
Work generally takes place in a customer account setting. Individuals must be able to use a tablet, as well as a two-wheel dolly and pallet jack.
Pepsi Delivery Route Relief Driver Physical Requirements
The physical requirements for this job are characterized in the following table showing how often each activity is performed.
|0% – 25%
|26% – 50%
|51% – 75%
|76% – 100%
|Carrying ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Lifting ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pulling ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pushing ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the job. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.