General Summary Description
Under general direction of the Snack Manager, promotes distribution of new products and increases sales of existing products, including fountain products, in existing accounts on an assigned route area. This includes selling promotions and merchandising the products to the fullest advantage. Distribute product to accomplish sales objectives.
Sell new and existing products by utilizing Company programs, promotions and advertisements.
- Communicate directly with new and existing store managers to explain features and merits of products offered.
- Close transactions and place orders for products sold.
- Keep customers fully stocked and the merchandise displayed in a manner calculated to increase sales; this includes utilization of point of purchase materials and selection of products available. Rotate stock and maintain equipment and cleanliness.
Provide general service of accounts to customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations.
Verify the truck is loaded for the route properly at the beginning of the shift and that the load sheet matches the load.
- Provide invoice to the customer from a handheld computer.
- Settle accounts each day; balance all charge and cash sales and deposit cash.
- Maintain and clean Company vehicles and report any problems with the vehicle to manager or to fleet maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training and Experience:
Licenses/Certification: Motor vehicle license, safe driving record – must supply proper documentation
- Capable of understanding written and oral directions
- Operation of motor vehicle, handheld computer and two wheel hand trucks
- Communication and customer relation skills essential
- Knowledge of all Company products and pricing structures
- Safe operation of two wheel hand truck and lifting techniques
- Ability to manipulate a two wheel hand truck through close spaces and up and down stairs
- Integrity with collections cash and other monies
- Proper lifting techniques essential
Transporting product by truck to accounts in all weather; manipulating product from truck into customer facility in all weather; exposure to variety of conditions at the customer facility including dust and foul odors.
|Lifting: 1 to 2 pounds||45%|
|Lifting: 3 to 10 pounds||45%|
|Lifting: 11 to 20 pounds||5%|
|Carrying: Up to 20 pounds||300 times/shift|
|Pushing/Pulling: 300 pounds||Frequently|
|Reaching: Low, Horizontal & Overhead||Frequently|
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.