General Summary Description
Under general direction of the Sales Manager, promotes distribution of new products and increases sales of existing products, including fountain products, in existing accounts on an assigned route area. This includes selling promotions and managing the merchandising of the products to the fullest advantage.
Sell new and existing products by utilizing Company programs and promotions, advertisements and the increase of shelf and display space.
- Coordinate the Presell Delivery Representatives efforts to maintain and increase sales through the distribution and display of product in major accounts.
Supervise, schedule responsibilities and train and develop the Delivery Representatives regarding customer service and merchandising techniques.
Evaluate and conduct performance appraisals.
Substitute for and assist the Delivery Representatives as needed.
- Sell promotions and new products, gain display space in accounts.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training and Experience: 2-5 years route sales experience
Class “A” Commercial drivers license, with combination vehicle and air brake endorsements, safe driving record; must supply proper documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills and listening skills
- Ability to manage customer complaints as needed
- Ability to supervise others and recognize training/development needs
- Good problem solving
- Capable of understanding oral and written directions
- Operation of motor vehicle, hand held computer and two-wheel hand trucks
- Knowledge of all Company products and pricing structures
- Safe operation of two-wheel hand truck and lifting techniques
- Ability to manipulate a two-wheel hand truck through close spaces and up and down stairs to deliver product to the display areas
Exposure to a variety of conditions at the customer facility, including dust, foul odors and cold temperatures when substituting on routes.
|Lifting: 1 to 20 pounds||2%|
|Lifting: 21 to 42 pounds||95%|
|Lifting: 100 pounds||3%|
|Carrying: Up to 48 pounds||100 times/shift|
|Pushing/Pulling: Up to: 300 pounds||100 times/shift|
|Reaching: Low, Horizontal & Overhead||Frequent|
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.