General Summary Description
Under general direction of the Territory Sales Manager, trains for duties which may include ordering, distributing and merchandising of products.
- Function in a relief role for support of vacations and illnesses.
- Perform duties which include ordering, delivering, and merchandising products by use of Company programs and promotions, advertisements and the increase of shelf and display space.
- Keep customers fully stocked and the merchandise displayed in a manner calculated to increase sales; this includes expanded display space, utilization of point of purchase materials, setting up point of purchase displays, cleaning, fully stocking shelves, and arranging back stock as needed. Rotate stock and maintain equipment and cleanliness.
- Provide general service of accounts to customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations.
- Verify that truck is loaded for route properly at the beginning of the shift and that the load sheet matches the load.
- Provide invoice to the customer from the handheld computer.
- Settle accounts each day; balance all charge and cash sales and deposit cash.
- Maintain and clean Company vehicles and report any problems with the vehicle to manager or to fleet maintenance.
- Weekend duties may be required as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training and Experience:
Class “A” Commercial drivers license, safe driving record – must supply proper documentation.
- Capable of understanding written and oral directions and calculation of pricing
- Operation of motor vehicle, handheld computer and two-wheel hand trucks
- Customer relation skills essential
- Knowledge of all Company products and pricing structures
- Safe operation of two-wheel hand truck and lifting techniques
- Ability to manipulate a two-wheel hand truck through close spaces and up and down stairs
- Integrity with collections of cash and other monies
- Proper lifting techniques essential
Transporting product by truck to accounts in all weather; Manipulating product from truck into customer facility in all weather; exposure to variety of conditions at customer facility including dust, foul odors and cold temperatures in coolers.
|Lifting: 1 to 20 pounds||2%|
|Lifting: 21 to 42 pounds||95%|
|Lifting: 100 pounds||3%|
|Carrying: Up to 48 pounds||100 times/shift|
|Pushing/Pulling: 300 pounds||Frequent|
|Reaching: Low, Horizontal & Overhead||Frequent|
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.