General Summary Description
Assembles and prepares product orders for delivery to customers.
- Receive and warehouse Wispak full goods shipments.
- Receive and warehouse common carrier shipments.
- Build orders for daily delivery to customers according to orders placed for sales. Prepare load sheets. Stage and load orders onto delivery vehicles, verifying order and load sheets match.
- Restock and consolidate returned product.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized by stacking and leveling pallets, sorting damaged goods, cleaning and organizing product stock, sweeping and scrubbing floors.
- Receive and distribute UPS/Fed Ex shipments. Prepare outbound UPS/Fed Ex for pick up.
- May include grounds work such as lawn mowing and snow removal.
- Move trucks on Company property as needed.
- Sufficient formal or informal education to insure the ability to read and write at a level required for successful job performance.
Training and Experience: Forklift and handheld computer experience helpful
Motor vehicle license preferred; safe driving record, must be able to become forklift certified.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Capable of understanding and carrying out oral and written directions
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of employment
- Operation of cleaning equipment, forklift, handheld computers, and motor vehicle
- Bending and lifting of cases of product required
- Methods, materials, and equipment used in warehouse work
- Safe work practices
- Proper lifting techniques
- Personal protective equipment required
Generally confined to the warehouse area; subject to temperature changes and dust; long and irregular hours during peak seasons; some exposure to noise level irregularities.
|Lifting: 1 to 20 pounds||5%|
|Lifting: 21 to 42 pounds||95%|
|Carrying: Up to 48 pounds||500 times/shift|
|Pushing/Pulling: 300 pounds||Frequent|
|Reaching: Low, Horizontal & Overhead||Frequent|
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.