General Summary Description
Promotes distribution of new products and increases sales of existing products, including fountain products, in existing accounts on an assigned route area. This includes merchandising the products to the fullest advantage.
Keep customers fully stocked and the merchandise displayed in a manner calculated to increase sales; this includes utilization of point of purchase materials, cleaning and arranging back stock as needed. Rotate stock.
- Provide general service of accounts to customer satisfaction.
Develop and maintain good customer relations.
Verify that truck is loaded for route properly at the beginning of the shift and that the load sheet matches the load.
Provide an invoice to the customer from a handheld computer.
Settle accounts each day; balance all charge and cash sales and deposit cash.
Maintain and clean Company vehicles and report any problems with the vehicle to manager or to fleet maintenance.
Report any equipment issues to the service department.
Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training and Experience:
Commercial drivers licence, safe driving record – must supply proper documentation.
- Capable of understanding and carrying out oral and written directions and calculation of pricing
- Operation of motor vehicle, handheld computer and two wheel hand trucks
- Customer service skills essential
- Knowledge of all Company products and pricing structures
- Safe operation of two wheel hand truck through close spaces and up and down stairs
- Ability to manipulate a two-wheel hand truck through close spaces and up and down stairs
- Integrity with collections cash and other monies
- Proper lifting techniques essential
Transporting product by truck to accounts in all weather; manipulate product from truck into customer facility by use of two wheel lift, through close spaces, up and down stairs in all weather; exposure to variety of conditions at the customer facility including dust and foul odors.
|Lifting: 1 to 20 pounds||2%|
|Lifting: 21 to 42 pounds||95%|
|Lifting: 100 pounds||3%|
|Carrying: Up to 48 pounds||100 times/shift|
|Pushing/Pulling: Up to: 2400 pounds||100 times/shift|
|Reaching: Low, Horizontal & Overhead||Frequent|
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.