The purpose of this role is to distribute products and increase sales in existing Township 9 Coffee accounts on an assigned route area. This includes selling promotions, merchandising products, and maintaining equipment appearance to the fullest advantage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Place orders and close transactions for products sold
- Keep customers fully stocked and the merchandise displayed in a manner calculated to increase sales, including utilization of point of purchase materials and selection of products available
- Communicate directly with store managers to explain features and merits of products offered
- Sell new and existing products by utilizing Company programs, promotions and advertisements
- Provide general service of accounts to customer satisfaction; this includes rotating stock and maintaining equipment cleanliness
- Develop and maintain good customer relations
- Verify that truck is loaded for route properly at the beginning of the shift and that load sheet matches the load
- Settle accounts each day; balance all charge and cash sales and deposit cash
- Maintain and clean Company vehicles and report any problems with the vehicle to manager or to fleet maintenance
- Perform other duties as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Basic handheld knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, judgement and decision making
- Skills in organizing and prioritizing work and tasks
- Ability to provide attention to detail
Work Environment and Equipment
Work generally takes place in a warehouse and customer account setting with frequent travel to customer accounts. Individuals must be able to use a handheld.
The physical requirements for this job are characterized in the following table showing how often each activity is performed.
|0% – 25%
|26% – 50%
|51% – 75%
|76% – 100%
|Carrying < 20 lbs.||x|
|Lifting < 20 lbs.||x|
|Pulling < 20 lbs.||x|
|Pushing < 20 lbs.||x|
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the job. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.