Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and maintain vendor database
- Collect and organize necessary paperwork including invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Check payment support for mathematical accuracy and appropriate approvals
- Classify, scan and input invoices into accounting system
- Process payments (check or EFT) according to time schedule set by the Accounting Manager
- Prepare annual 1099 Forms
- Run daily banking reports
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 1-2 years accounting experience preferred
- General accounting knowledge, including bookkeeping skills in accounts payable
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with accuracy and speed
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skills in organizing and prioritizing work and tasks
- Ability to provide attention to detail
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to multitask
Work Environment and Equipment
Work generally takes place in an office setting with no unique or hazardous working conditions. Individuals must be able to use general office equipment, including a tablet or PC.
The physical requirements for this job are characterized in the following table showing how often each activity is performed.
|0% – 25%
|26% – 50%
|51% – 75%
|76% – 100%
|Carrying ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Lifting ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pulling ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
|Pushing ≥ 20 lbs.||x|
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the job. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment